Saturday, October 21, 2006
The Good, The Bad, And The Sleepy
Thursday sucked. First, I had PMS and not much sleep. Then add a kitchen full of flies that will not die. They're like the hydra. Every time I kill one, three more appear! I am still fighting with them. Then I went to the shop, after Jymi got home, to pick up Tobi's frame. There are two people there; the woman who was rehired when I left because she was the new owner's friend, and the new owner's daughter, who doesn't stitch. She's only working there for extra money, because they're about to lose their house. She always looks mad to be there. They tell me that they've decided not to hang my Hob Nobbs in the shop. Okay, well that kinda sucks, but really pissed me off was that they have had this for a month. They couldn't be bothered to call me. I know they're busy, but it wouldn't have taken two minutes to cal and say, "We changed our mind; we're not going to hang you're Halloween thing. Do you still want us to frame it now, or do you want it back?" I told them to go ahead, so I could still get in with the framing special. If they had called me though, I could've gotten it by Halloween instead of November.
When I came home I was very upset. I was good at my job, and I needed it, and the new owner gave it to two people who don't want to be there and who refuse to learn how to use the framing computer. It took two people fifteen minutes to do something I could do myself in one. I can home and locked myself in the bathroom and cried for a few minutes.
Then I went to cook dinner. After dinner was in the oven and cooking, I came into the living room. I asked Jymi, who had only been fueling the fire by ignoring how upset I was, if he was done with the computer, since he'd logged off, but not shut it down. He asked if I was getting on, and I told him no. I planned to eat and stitch, and I probably wouldn't be on the computer again until morning. He asked me to log on, with this evil look. Oh good. Jymi's downloaded another stupid computer thing I'll have to delete while he's at work. When I log on, a window pops up that says, "I Love you!!" I asked Jymi if he did this or if the computer was sick again. He told me he'd done it, and I started to cry again. It was very sweet, and exactly what I needed. I clicked OK, and thought that would be the end of it. There were seven more, though.
"I really do you know!"
"Even when you think I don't sometimes..."
"probably most of the time..."
"I really do love you!"
"I don't think you really know how much I do."
"Have a good day and don't break my computer!!"
"P.S. Be naked when I get home!!"
He's the sweetest pervert I've ever met, and I've met alot. It's the silly little things that mean the most, and this meant alot. I logged off at least three times Friday, just to read it again.
Tobi's Garfield looks good. Sorry about the flash spot. The pictures I take without the flash always come out blurry. Tobi picked out the frame, and he did a great job.
Jymi has drill all weekend. He left Friday morning, and he won't get home until tomorrow evening. I spent most of the day wasting time on the computer. I started playing The Sims 2 again. I'm currently working on killing off my third generation of aliens, getting the fourth to adults and having children. After the boys went to bed, I stitched a little and watched "Sweeney Todd" until I couldn't stay awake anymore. I finished it this morning, and the boys and I spent the evening watching the movies we'd recorded off of Disney channel this week. It was witch week or something like that. I wanted to see Twitches, and Tobi wanted to see the Halloweentown movies. We watched Twitches (very good) and the first Halloweentown (was good the first twenty times I watched it).
I did finish the background of the shelves on Tobi's stocking, while watching all these movies. Now to fill in all the toys. For the first time with this thing, I feel like I've made some progress.
Tobi and Darin fell asleep during Halloweentown. People always ask me if they're twins, and sometimes it seems like they are. They fell asleep within minutes of each other, in the same position. Every time one rolled over, the other did, too, a few minutes later. I carried Tobi into his bed, and laid him down. He immediately rolled onto his other side. I put Darin in his bed, the same way I did Tobi, and he rolled over, just like Tobi. It never fails to amaze me how much they are the same, and still complete opposites.
When I got on the computer, after putting them to bed, I got a VERY nice surprise in my email. I entered my Hob Nobbs and my Spooky Fence the October contest at the Picture This Plus Yahoo Group. The email said that they just couldn't decide on a winner, so everyone who entered gets an 1/8 yard of their choice of fabrics! I asked for a piece of 32 ct. Crystal Mystic Belfast linen for Raise The Roof's Happy Camper. I wish Just Another Button Company made the face buttons with red hair. All I can find are the yellow hair and the black hair. I was so excited to find I'd won! Sort of. It's not much competition when everybody wins, but I still get a prize! My weekend has much improved from the nasty start Thursday evening. Tomorrow, I'm going to make lasagna for dinner, so I won't have much time to stitch, but it'll be well worth it. Wow. It's after one! Not even close to being tired, but I'll probably try to go to bed soon.

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:03 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 8:14 AM, Blogger Arthemise

Those are very cute finishes. I love Halloween pieces.

That LNS doesn't sound like it's very successful anyway. Attitude means a lot to customers, especially when they can just go to a big store and get things cheaper. {hugs}

 

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Sharon

Hi Faye, Garfield looks great! I really like how he turned out-neat picture. It's a shame your LNS sounds like it's going to pot-but I think Jymi made up for it-very sweet.

 

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Barb

The Garfield piece turned out so cute. I love it! Your stocking is coming along nicely too. Doesn't sound like your LNS is very people oriented. Sorry Thursday was such a bad day for you. Sounds like Jymi made up for some of it though.