Wednesday, August 30, 2006
De-Stressing
Here's my progress on my house. It's not much, but I should be done by Friday or Saturday. Usually, when I stitch with overdyes, I go vertically some places and horizontally in others. It makes it look more interesting. For this one though, it's just been easiest to go horizontally most places. I've done the shutters vertically, and I think I'll do the door that way, but that's it. It looks a little boring.
I usually stitch to relax. It's my stress relief. Jymi plays violent video games. I could never understand how playing games that makes him so mad can be a stress reliever. Last night, though, while I watched him play, it was so funny. It's not the kind of stuff that usually makes me laugh, but I guess I've had so much stress lately that it made me feel better. So I laughed while Jymi stole bulldozers and big rigs and ran over other cars, drove into the water, and made the cars explode. He kept yelling at me that it wasn't funny (he was usually in the car when it exploded), but I laughed like I haven't in a long time. I just spend so much time worring about money and tring to figured out how to manipulate it to last until next Thursday. The problem is, it usually doesn't. I hope he plays again tonight. I just balanced the checkbook, and it's one of those you-have-to-laugh-to-keep-from-crying kind of things.
Gill has requested her online friends to stitch and send in freebie cows for a quilt of them. I volunteered to do Puzzle, which is on the first page. I love these cows! I may do a quilt too, but I've got too many projects started to start another one right this minute. Of course there's also the newest Chatelaine mandala. I didn't like it at first, but the final picture is gorgeous! At first, in my head, I pictured it with more bright firey reds and oranges, but now that I've gotten used to what it is, I want it! Why is everything I want always so expensive? I'm going to have to see if they won't pay me cash for this model; it's the only way we'll make it through the week. Deep breath. It's all good.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:42 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 6:19 PM, Blogger Just Nancy

I love the cows! I want to make all of them. Thanks for visiting my rotation today. I'll stop by here again!

 

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Just Nancy

I love the cows! I want to make all of them. Thanks for visiting my rotation today. I'll stop by here again!

 

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Holley

I felt the same way about the Pompeii Gardens.

Since her most recent changes I'm not sure I'll be able to resist it.

I know I should actually finish something before I buy another chart.

Sigh. Oh to win the lottery.

 

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Sharon

what a neat idea having some of your threads go in opposite directions. I'll have to see if I can remember that!

The Pompei Gardens is gorgeous! Keep your chin up Faye, things will get better!