Thursday, August 31, 2006
August Accomplishments And September Goals
Goodness, is it September already? Wow. I could swear it was just February. Why does time go so long when you're a kid, and all you have to do is homework and play, but so fast when you're an adult and you have a hundred things to do?
Anyway. Before I get to my goals, here's my progress on the house. I'm going to finish the Black Crow and Banker's Grey today. If possible, I'd like to finish the last window, but I don't think it'll happen today. After the window, it's just filling in orange and attaching the buttons. I'll probably take it in Monday.
Here's this week's SBQ, too. How do you share your finished pieces with others? Do you frame them, scan and/or photograph them, or do you have another method that you would like to share? I guess it depends on what you mean by share. When I finish stitching a piece, I usually frame it, and most of my framed pieces are hanging in the shop. I only have two hanging in my house. While I'm stitching and before I take it in for framing, I put pictures up here, and in my Yahoo photos, and usually on the message boards. One day, I'll go through and take pictures of what I already have stitched around the house. I usually go down with my mom to the shop every once in awhile and point out which ones are mine. When my uncles visit, she takes them down and points out my models. Whenever I finish stitching anything (paid projects, shop models, and my own stuff; I can't take designer models of course, but that's different) I take it to my mom's and show her and my grandmother and anyone else who's there, like my uncles, my stepdad, my sister, the dog, ect.
Tobi's eye is looking better. It's still a nasty shade of grey-green in a few spots (think DMC 524). Jymi did play his game last night, but it wasn't as funny as before. More money problems, which cannot be solved by watching Jymi die. I did fix one major money issue. Just two more to go, both of which are bigger and more complicated.
Now for my goals. My goals for August were to finish the two paid projects I had started, start Persain Iris Garden, and just stick to my rotation. I did finish both the paid projects, The Lord's Prayer and Winter 9 Patch. I've done all the stitching on part one of the mandala. I stuck to my rotation for all of a week, maybe two. Then I got the we-need-it-now models, and the rest of the month has been spent on those.
My goals for September are: finish the house, start and finish Gill's Puzzle Cow, start and finish Greta the Witch and Vince VamPyre and take the whole thing in to be framed, sew together the rest of my Christmyth ornaments, start and finish any models I get, and work on Tobi's Garfield with any extra time. I also want to work on the Cars quilts for the boys if I want to have them done by Christmas.
This was going to be a short post. Oh well. Have a nice weekend!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:56 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: