Monday, September 04, 2006
What A Man!
Jymi has been so sweet this weekend! Yesterday, he cleaned both the kitchen and our bedroom. Then he made a wonderful lunch, and re-cleaned the kitchen. I washed the dishes, but he still dried them and put them all up. I woke up with a stress headache that was only made worse by the boys, but Jymi put them in time out until they were quiet. He did everything he could to try to make me feel better. He also made the boys dinner while I took a nap, and they were in bed when I woke up. It amazes me how so often he completely clueless, but when it comes down to it, he is too sweet, and I know he would do anything for me.
Anyway, on to stitching. I've gotten three of my monthly goals done in four days! I finished the October house Friday. I went to the shop and picked up the buttons. One of the buttons in the pack was different than pictured so I decided to wait until I took it in to the shop to see which one they wanted. I finished all the stitching at 5:53. The shop closes at six. So I took it in Saturday. They wanted the button that came with the pack. I liked the original better. The one in the pack looked like it was on drugs. I'm thinking about telling them I don't want to do models for them anymore. They don't pay what they're really worth. They only paid me about half of what I expected for this one. On the one hand, I rarely like anything they give me (it's a primarily sampler shop), they don't give me what they're worth, and they always give it to me lately and tell me they really needed it last week, and it's alot of stress. On the other hand, though, we don't have money for cross stitch stuff, and this gives me credit so I can still get stash. It's not like designer models. I always like Cross Eyed Kat stuff. I had most of the charts when I asked if she needed a model stitcher. I still haven't completely decided yet. I think it'll depend on what they give me next. One more rush project I don't like, and I will tell them I don't want to do anymore.
After I finished the house, I pulled all the threads for the cows. It was eleven by the time I finished, and I planned to be in bed in an hour, so I decided not to start one yet. Instead, I sewed together two Christmyth ornaments. Then, Saturday morning, while waiting for the shop to open so I could take in my model, I sewed together the last two. So after having them all stretched since March, I think, I have finally finished finishing all my Christmyth ornaments.
I have also finished Gill's Puzzle Cow. I've got enough fabric, I'm going to do another one. I want to put them both in the mail Friday, if possible.
Why is the picture so clear and straight? I learned how to use the scanner this weekend! Jymi had told me we were missing a cord for it (my sister gave us theirs when they got a new one). He was wrong though. It works wonderfully! Every time I've ever messed with a scanner, it's never worked. I'm easily amused.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:14 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 8:21 AM, Blogger Sharon

Faye, your ornaments are beautiful!
Men! sometimes they surprise you that was very sweet!