Saturday, May 05, 2007
Non-Stitchy News
Jymi's at drill this weekend. He got his orders. On May 18, he has to go to Columbia, until May 21, when they leave for Mississippi. They don't have global orders to go to Iraq yet, but they have a couple months of training in Mississippi. It's just a technicality. At least this time, he'll still be here for my birthday. When he went to boot camp, he left a week before.
I thought I had finally made peace with it. I mean, I've been crying about this since November! You'd think I'd have dealt with it all by now. At least he'll still be safe while he's in Mississippi.
So I guess I do have some stitchy news, because today is definitely a new start day. I'll start something small, and depending on when Jymi gets home, I may go get a piece of fabric to start a HAED or two (or three or four or eight). I've got at least twenty pieces of hand dyed fabric, but noting plain. Since they're fully stitched, I don't see much point on putting it on a more expensive piece. When I do the Kitchen Witches, I'll probably them on a hand dyed so I don't have to stitch the background. I may even get a custom piece. If I can't get the plain fabric today, I'll get it Monday.
I may go to my mom's, and raid her stash. I want to ask her to go to court with me anyway, since Jymi will be gone. I'm a little scared, and I don't want to go by myself.
My Uncle Jim came to to visit for Mother's Day, and his daughter is coming in this week, too. She's flying, while my uncle rode his motorcycle all the way from Denver. That's a long ride. We went to see him yesterday. The boys always make up to him so much, and he's having a very hard time with his son. So when the boys love him so much immediately, it helps make him feel better. I feel bad for my sister's kids, though. They've got Uncle Jymi, Uncle Jim (my stepbrother who lives a couple hours away), and Great Uncle Jim, visiting from Denver.
The picture is Jymi and Darin, playing with the keyboard last Christmas.

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:32 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: