Thursday, May 03, 2007
Tobi's Stocking And SBQs
As promised, here is the progress I've made on Tobi's stocking. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's only a pinprick, but it's there. I should get back to it in a couple days.
I'm still working on my model. I've almost finished the section I ripped out. I've got a half an hour's work left on that, but I found another small section that's off by one stitch. I think I must've been drunk the first time I stitched this part. That'll take me an hour to rip out, and a little over an hour to put back in.
I thought I'd catch up on some SBQs, since I haven't in awhile. First one. How do you decide which stitching blogs are worth repeat and/or regular viewings? Are there certain things you look for in particular? Are there things you wish there were more of? Less of? Is your blog a good example of what you like to read?
This is kinda like how I pick friends, or how I used to pick boyfriends. I don't know why I like someone or their blogs. I just look through, and if it strikes me, I add it to my Google Reader. Before I started using Google Reader, I would delete blogs from my favorites if they went a month without posting. Clear as mud? I guess mine is what I like to read. Stitching and people's real life. When I started my blog, I never expected anyone to read it. I love that there are a few people crazy enough to read the insanity that comes out of my head, but I blog to keep track of my progress, and to get out everything that rattling around in my head.
How many WIPs do you have? How many UFOs do you have? When does a WIP become a UFO?
Counting the model, I have five WIPs. I don't have any I consider to be UFOs, although I probably should. To me WIPS become UFOs when I give up on them, and as my husband will happily point out, I'm a stubborn b****. It takes alot to make me give up on just about anything. The first cross stitch project I ever finished spanned about three years of on again off again stitching. It was a nativity scene, with seven stand up figures. In 2000, I stitched the first two. In 2001, I stitched one when my mom and I went to the CATS show in Atlanta. That fall I moved to Virginia to live with my dad, and left stitching here. When I came to visit in 2002, I did another figure, but again I left the stitching. When I moved back here in 2003, I was pregnant, living in an upstairs apartment, with me my 35 pound one and a half-year-old. I could go many places, since I had a hard time carrying Tobi up and down all those stairs, so I picked up my nativity scene from my mom, and stitched the last three while waiting for Darin. I never gave up it. I always planned to finish it.
Are you on “The Wagon?” If so, how long have you been on and how “serious” are you about it? If not, have you considered it? I'm not technically on "The Wagon", but I'm on the Fifty Project Challenge. I've been on it since March, but I'm not good at it though. I've got some stash plans for next week, after I get my birthday money.
I decided to treat myself to some HAEDs for my birthday/stress reduction/Mother's Day. I picked out six that I can't live without. Since shipping goes up for six to tn charts, I decided to get a couple more, if I was going to pay that much. So I picked out eight, which brought my total to $90. Well, at a hundred, shipping is free, so what's one more chart. So I've picked out nine charts to buy next week, after I get birthday money, but before the Mother's Day sale is over. My birthday's next Thursday, three days before Mother's Day.
In case you're interested, I'm planning to get five Bowsers, twos Feneches, one Camprubi, and one Shimmel. The Feneches are Dragon Soul and Impossible Love. I loved the Dragon Soul freebie Michelle did. Of course, it's not a freebie anymore, and if I'm gonna pay for it, I'm gonna buy the full size one. As for Impossible Love, I just love the colors, the idea, and the expressiveness of their faces. It's just beautiful.
The Bowsers I'm planning on are: Invariance, Tending The Dragon Sleep, Desire, Goddess Of Tides, and Cathedral. Cathedral was a tough decision. That was my last one added to get free shipping, and I had a hard time picking between Cathedral, Beckon, and Lotus Wood. I also like Forest Light, but it was also the first one I threw out of the running. That's enough rambling for now, and plenty of links. Have a nice weekend.

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:41 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 12:35 PM, Blogger Meari

Tobi's stocking looks great! I think I'm one of those crazies that likes to read your blog. ;-)

 

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Sharon

You are coming along on Tobi's stocking. It looks good. The haed shopping sounds like fun-I can never decide what to buy.