Tuesday, July 31, 2007
SBQs And Goals
I don't have any new stitching to show right now. Cascade is still on my Q-Snaps, but it's being neglected at the moment. I've spent almost all of the last two days cleaning, and when I did have time to sit down, I didn't want to have to think. My sleeping patterns are now totally out of whack. I go to bed at two and get up at eleven. So I've been getting up, making brunch, and spending two hours cleaning the boys' room. I should finish today, the third day of working on it. It's been quite a while since I REALLY cleaned in there. After I'd finished on the boys' room, I've had to wash dishes and make dinner. Not long after dinner, it's time to get the boy's ready for bed. Once I get their room done, I'm gonna clean the rest of the house, too. Hopefully I'll get it done before Jymi gets home.
Once the boys go to bed, I've been reading. I'm still rereading Harry Potter, and I'm about halfway through Goblet Of Fire. I can only read after the boys go to bed, though. I can stitch for five minutes, go do something for them, come back and stitch for another five minutes, and so on. I can't do that when I'm reading. I don't need quiet, but I don't like to be interrupted either. So reading goes much slower now that I can't go in the bedroom and lock Jymi and the boys out.
Now for SBQs. Do you consider yourself a “floss miser?” A little, but not nearly as much as I used to. When Jymi and I first moved in together, I'd stitch till the very end of a thread, and then do three more stitches. We just didn't have the money to buy more thread, so I made it go as far as I could. Now, I still use all the thread, but I stop with alot more left than I used to. Does that make sense? Probably not.
What do you love to do that many people hate? What do you hate to do, but do anyway?
I like working with metallic braid. I discovered Thread Heaven, which helped so much! I do still hate blending filament, though. I also hate lazy daisies and any kind of knot.
Which project (finished or in progress) are you most proud of? Explain why.
Right now, it's Cascade. It's going to be beautiful, and huge. If I ever finish it, I will have to throw a party to celebrate. Of course, I'll be eighty by then. That will probably change with my next project, though.
Have you ever thought of getting a rider on your household insurance to properly cover your stash (some of us have quite an extensive stash that an average household policy wouldn't fully cover) in the case of some sort of damage to your house that would destroy/ruin charts, fabrics, floss, etc?
No, because, um, I don't have any household insurance. I know, bad, but we can barely pay all the bills normally. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to add another one. When we buy a house (hopefully soon), will definitely get insurance. I may do it then though.
Now my mom has a cross stitch quilt that she has had insured. Before I was born, the other nurses where she worked each stitched a Precious Moments block, and then they had it sewn into a quilt. One of the ladies (I don't know if it was Gloria or Pat), was at the cross stitch store my mom went to then. She took it and showed her. She suggested the insurance, since it would've cost her over a thousand dollars to have a model stitcher do all that, and have it quilted. That was in the eighties, too.
My July goals were: work on Tobi's stocking and 900 stitches each on Pirate, Cascade, and Angel Of Capricorn. I did everything except start Angel Of Capricorn. I also worked on seven other projects this month.
My August goals are more new starts. I want to start: Angel Of Capricorn, Earth Song, and Wizard Of Oz. I also need to pick a project to stitch in line in the car when I go pick Tobi up from school. I'll probably take book until I finish rereading Harry Potter though, so no rush.
In non-stitchy goals, I want to Darin to have a happy birthday (eight more days), enjoy all of Jymi's visit, even the time spent with in-laws, and make it through Tobi's first day of school without crying. My mom and my sister are already making plans. I also need to survive the next few days. They're going to be very busy with trying to get everything clean. Today I will finish the boys' room, clean the kitchen, and give the boys baths. Tomorrow I'm cleaning the living room, taking the boys to get haircuts, and number of other boring errands. Every time I think about everything I have to do, it just overwhelms me. Deep breath. One thing at a time.

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 6:47 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: