Monday, July 16, 2007
You Both Had Tantrums?
This Jymi's reaction when I explained to him why Darin spent Friday night at Grandma's. After all the errands I had to do (see my last post), I went to pick up the boys from my mom's. When I got there, my sister and her kids were visiting, too. Darin had been crabby for about a week, and threw himself on the floor, screaming, because we made him share the toys. I tried to calm him down, but I couldn't. My sister picked him up and rocked him for a few minutes, and of course he fell right to sleep.
I felt like such a bad mother, that I started crying, too. They told me I was a good mother, just over stressed. They also said part of it was his age. They reminded me that Tobi had been just as obnoxious about everything a couple years ago. My mom told me about calling Grandma when I was Darin's age, and threw a tantrum that lasted two days over a video tape. Grandma had told her, "When you were that age, I also had your brother, and another one on the way!" At that, my sister and I both said, "Poor Grandma!"
Darin fell asleep around six. We all had dinner, and at eight, my mom suggested I just let Darin spend the night, since he hadn't moved since Kathy put him down. So Tobi and I went home. We both slept twelve hours that night, and the three of us were happy to see each other the next day. My mom said the first thing Darin said when he woke up was, "Where's Tobi?"
I've been working on Kitty Love. I've gone as far as I can until I get the color I'm missing. There's not much left to it.
I've got The Castle on my Q-Snaps now. I'll work on it next for a couple days.
Tobi has a pre-screening test for kindergarten at school. They're testing to see what each specific child needs to focus on during the next year. I had to reschedule Tobi's though, since they scheduled his test for Jymi's last day home. I explained the situation, and they said it was no problem. I know I shouldn't worry, because Tobi's very smart, and it's just to see what he needs to work on, but I'm still a little nervous about it. Wish us luck!

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 10:02 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 7:05 AM, Blogger Sharon

Kitty love is lookin so pretty-love those pinks. Sounds like you all got a good nights sleep.