Friday, August 03, 2007
Thank Goodness For Maternal Instints!
We've all been congested for about a week now. It's been miserable, but it's just allergies. This morning, Darin woke up saying his ear had boo boos. My first thought was that it was infected, but my brain told me to wait and see if it still hurt tomorrow. So I gave him some medicine, and asked Tobi if his ears hurt, too.
After breakfast, I kissed his forehead, and he was burning up. I panicked, and called the doctor to made an appointment. I'm glad I did. When we got there, his temperature was 100.3, and the doctor said it was definitely infected. He prescribed antibiotics. I am so glad I didn't listen to my brain.
Jymi's even more eager about coming home, now that Darin's sick. Jymi always worries so much about the boys when they're sick, especially Darin. Part of that may be that the only time Darin really lets Jymi hold him is when he's too sick to get away. Darin's very much a mama's boy. Jymi's leaving tonight, and he'll be home by lunchtime tomorrow!
I still haven't gotten any stitching done. It's been almost a week now. I've been cleaning house. I've got pictures of that, but that's more to prove to Jymi that the house was clean before the boys destroyed it again. All that's left is my room and a couple loads of laundry. There is now a (visible) floor in every room, and all but mine have been cleaned and Febreezed! I'll do mine after dinner. Right now, I think both boys need a dose on Benadryl, and I need a shower. My car doesn't have air conditioning, and it's almost a necessity her in the summer. The house is almost clean, and my husband's almost home! The only downside is Darin's ear, and it doesn't bother him nearly as much as his congestion! Hope everyone else has a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 4:00 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 1:50 PM, Blogger Sharon

I hope Darin feels better soon! How exciting that Jymi is almost home. I know that you gus will have good time.