Friday, May 26, 2006
Getting There
D.'s doing better. Last night, he had a fever of 102. At that point, I called my mom, who said to take him to the hospital if he got worse, but he would be okay for the moment. She told me if he still had a fever in the morning, to the doctor. He got up this morning, feeling a little better. His tempature's still about 99, but he wants to eat and drink now. He's still sleeping alot. I think he was only awake maybe four of five hours yesterday. I think he'll be better by tomorrow, with the exception of his runny nose. The lower his tempature, the worse his nose gets. It's all good, though, because I'd much prefer a runny nose to fever and vomitting.
I did a good deed yesterday. On the way back from the grocery store, I saw a woman pushing her daughter in a stroller. It was at least 95 outside, so I stopped and offered her a ride. Come to find out she was pregnant, and the little girl was already sunburned. They were only going a few minutes drive away, but it probably would've taken them another hour walking. I put T. in the middle since the little girl was younger, and needed to sit in the car seat more. Also so she wouldn't be sitting next to D. I felt good having helped someone.
J. got to come home last night. He's back today, but this should be his last day. He has to stay until they serve dinner, but he doesn't have to eat it. He knows I'm going to make a special dinner for him tonight. He called a few minutes ago to make sure D. was feeling better, and that T. hadn't come down with it as well.
I didn't get anything I had planned to do yesterday done, except get the groceries. As D. got worse, he became all I could think about. I spent alot of the day rocking him and singing "I Got You, Babe." I never had a lullaby I always sang to him like I did T. I always just sung what was in my head, but D. always liked "I Got You, Babe."
I called work yesterday, and asked someone to work for me today, so I could be free to take D. to the doctor if neeed be. So when I go in to get my check next week, I'm gonna buy some of th stuff she has on hold. She worked with me during the outage, so I could still work, and didn't even have to think when I asked her to work for me today because D. was sick. I can't tell her how much it means to me, all she's done to help me out. Hopefully, buying something for her will help show her.
I did work a little on Dragonwings yesterday. I only got a few stitches in, but it's been awhile since I took a picture. I got the fabric marked to start The Time I Spend Stitching after J. got home. I'm going to go work a little on Dragonwings before I have to start working on the dishes and dinner. To have it ready when J. gets home, I have to start cooking about four, and I have to start cleaning about three. J. finally got paid, so I guess I should pay the bills, too.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:01 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: