Thursday, May 25, 2006
Not Getting Much Stitching Done Today
When I was about ten, I read a quote that said, "To have a child is to send a piece of your heart walking around outside of your body," or something to that effect. I thought it was sweet, but I didn't understand how true it was until I had kids. When I checked on the boys around midnight last night, D. sat up and gave me a dirty look and laid back down. Nothing unusual. When I got up this morning, he had a huge stain on his shirt. So I changed it and went to look in his room and see what in the world caused it. Sometime between when I checked on him last night and when I got up this morning, D. got threw up all over his bed. So I got the bed cleaned up, and let D. stay half naked. The doctor had told me that was good for a fever. I held and rocked him for about half an hour. He fell asleep in my arms; he hasn't done that in over a year. It breaks my heart to see my baby not feeling good. He's never been this still. I had an ultrasound at nine weeks; he was like an inch long, but his little arms and legs were going! He looked like a turtle stuck on his back. I've got to get the ingredients for the lasagna, so I'll get some Pedialyte for him, while we're there. It can't hurt him, if he doesn't need it. At least T.'s not sick, too.
I don't know how much stitching I'll get done today. D.'s sick, I've got to get groceries, do laundry, clean the house, wash dishes, and start cooking the lasagna.
There's a good chance J. will get to stay home Saturday, so I'm going to put it together tonight, after the boys go to bed. Then I'll just throw it in the oven when I get home tomorrow. J. called last night about nine. He couldn't believe that I hadn't stitched all day. Of course, after I got off the phone, I watched the season finale of Lost (which was two hours) and a couple other things I had recorded. I got about three hour of stitching in. Not great, but better than the day before. I'm going to stitch now, until D. wakes up. The chores can wait until this evening. They go faster when the boys are asleep.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 10:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: