Wednesday, May 31, 2006
What A Week!
Remember I said D. was sick Thursday and better Friday? He was sick again Saturday. Sunday, D. was fine, but I was sick. My sister had to take me to the doctor. I spent Monday in quarantine, in the bedroom. I spent most of Tuesday there, too, but in the evening, T. came in to see me and threw up next to my bed. Today, he seemed fine until he took a nap in my bed, and threw up again. He still felt fine, but then I took him to my mom's. He threw up on her front porch. So the three of us have all had the same thing, but in completely different ways. D. got sick and slept for three days. I got sick and spent four hours with my head in the toilet and had to be medicated. The medication made me sleep for three days. T. feels fine, except for right before and right after he throws up. It also turns out I have an ear infection. I had no idea, but the doctor said so and prescribed some antibiotics.
I made my lasagna, and if I do say so myself, it was perfect. J. was surprised. He loved it. Ta-da. That is my one day a year where I become the "Leave It To Beaver" housewife, as opposed to my usual "Peggy Bundy" housewife.



This was my progress on Dragonwings when I put it away, Friday. I miss him. I couldn't work on it while J. was home, though. He took Monday and Tuesday off to take care of the boys so I could get better. Today was going to be his first day back to work. When he checked his pager in the car though, he found out his group was working nights. So he was still here all day! I appreciate all the help he's been while I was sick. He's been very sweet and very attentive to anything and everything I could want or need, but I was so ready to get rid of him! Now he's at work, and I'm not gonna have the whole shift to stitch, like I planned. I have to sleep at some point.



I started The Time I Spend Stitching. I like all the specialty stitches, but I don't like trying to anchor them. I never feel like they're secure enough. The problem now, is with the sale of the shop, employees are not allowed to put in any special orders of custom frame jobs. Customers only until the sale is final. So once I finish stitching (probably next week, maybe the one after), I have to wait until the first of July to get it framed. It's okay though. If the new owner doesn't want to hang it in the shop, I'm not sure what I'll do with it anyway. My hope is to hang it in the shop until we can buy a house and I can have a craft room. Or at least a big enough closet where I can store some craft stuff and hide from the kids once in a while. We had a closet like that in the apartment, but not here. We had to choose between noisy neighbors right though the walls and big closets, or quiet and small closets.
One more tidbit of information for any Lost fans: I know the secret behind it all! It came to me in a dream. The phantom of the opera is behind it all! His secret weapon is broccoli, and they are all just off the coast of San Francisco. Now you know!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:45 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: