Monday, July 24, 2006
The Answer To The Ultimate Question, Of Life, The Universe, And Everything Is...
42. Only when you know the question will you know what the answer means. Yes, I watched Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy again. What is the question? I have come up with two. The first, is how many mood swings can I have in ten minutes with PMS. Poor Jymi deserves a medal for this weekend. He's been very sweet, and now that I'm back to normal, I feel horrible about how I treated him. I'll do something special to make it up to him. The second question to the answer 42: how many projects can I have started before I lose my mind.
I'm up to eleven. I'm still working on my paid project, The Lord's Prayer (left). I'm about half way through with all the cross stitch. Then I'll do the backstich and send this monster back. The picture looks like it's all half stitches, but it's mostly quarter stitches. On aida. Yuck.
On the right is my (paid project) keychain. It's on 36 ct. (thank goodness it's linen), but it's so tiny, I feel like I'm stitching over one again. It's just an ugly brown right now, but it will look better; I promise.


My last paid project is Winter 9 Patch (left). Sorry about the crooked picture. I spent some extra time on it last night. It's so simple, it goes pretty fast. I actually spent two and a half hours on it last night. It's on aida, too, but it's all whole stitches.
I got a little done on Tobi's stocking. I did the blue stripe at the top. I'll be doing the cuff, next. Here's the last picture I took, way back when I started this blog.
I've also made visible progress on Dragons By The Fire, but I can't put any more pictures up.
I didn't get hardly any stitching done on Friday, so I didn't do anything on In Every Nest. I just got enough time in on my paid projects Saturday, so I didn't start Snowfight: Blue. I've already said I spent my spare stitching time on Sunday working on Winter 9 Patch. I may do that again today. The credit I'm going to get from these is going toward my frame, as is the cash I get from the other one. That should take care of probably three quarters of it.
Here's last week's SBQ: when you get a project professionally framed, do you get glass inserted into the frame? Why or why not? I always get glass. It protects my work from my children. I'm just too paranoid that something horrible will happen if I don't get glass.
I've been called an enabler! That's me! I was a salesperson at The Stitch And Frame Shop for a year. I'm good at enabling and I'm proud of it! I'm also just a little addicted to shopping. I've been enabled by both Sharon's blog and Erin's. I love the new Excuses To Get Together (which I've already said) and the Casey Buonaugurio dessert samplers. I've been trying hard not to buy lemon meringue pie, at the cross stitch and grocery stores. I love the Woodland Sampler! I'm not a sampler person, but I love this verse, and the colors are wonderful!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:22 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 8:20 PM, Blogger Holley

Nice Stitching.

And I knew the Answer when I read the title of your post.

I haven't read the series in years but I just suddenly feel the need to say:

So long and thanks for all the fish.