Friday, July 21, 2006
I've Made Progress!
I've actually put in almost seven hours on my paid project. It's coming along well. I went to the shop to pick up Vince VamPyre, which I ordered way back when. The Hob Nobb stuff takes forever to come in. I got it, and paid a little on my frame. My A Brother was framed and hanging up! They then gave me some stuff to stitch for models. They told me when I brought those in, they'd have something else for me. So I've now got Winter 9 Patch by Pine Mountain Designs and the House on 36 ct. from Sampler Key Chains from Milady's Needle, in addition to my paid project. I have three paid projects, and they're all going toward my framing.
I have made visible progress on Toys And Games and Dragons By The Fire. I'll post pictures on Monday, when Jymi goes back to work. Since I now have three paid projects, I'll work on each of them for forty minutes, which will still total only two hours spent on projects I don't get to keep. Today will be In Every Nest. I will finish the yellow on the first chick. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday will all be new starts, so you will definitely be able to see progress there!
I got some new stash! I got my fabric of the month and some thread I ordered. My Glory is pretty red. I've decided to put my Sweetheart Fence on it. That makes the third time I've changed fabrics for that chart. I had also added some Weeks Dye Works Hot Rod. It's being discontinued, and I'll need it for one of the Raise The Roof monthlies and Hot Enough For Ya' Day.
I love the new Water's Edge designs. They're called Excuses To Get Together. Bobbi used to be the strecther at the shop until she moved. While she's a nice person, I've never really been into her designs, but this new series is pretty cute. The only ones I've seen in the shop or on websites are Hayride, Halloween, and Fiesta, but I love the others, too. Like I need another series to collect. They had those first three at the shop. Bobbi's models. When I went there today, meaning to look at Halloween, someone had stolen it! They were not framed, just stretched, and someone must've just slipped it in their bag. I could not believe it! It enraged me! I couldn't believe someone would do that!
On a similar note (thing that make me very mad and I can't believe any one would do), we had a hit-and-run in our neighborhood Wednesday! The people across the street had a trailer parked in the street in front of their house, next to a telephone pole. That night, we were sitting in the living room, minding our own business. Then we heard this huge crash. Jymi and I looked at each other, got up, and walked outside. I got out first, a saw the car pulling away and one of the people in the house across the street came out. Jymi thinks they were drunk, and hit the trailer, and the telephone pole, and that's what stopped the car. I don't know, but I just can't get over how stupid some people are!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:04 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 11:54 AM, Blogger Sharon

Sounds like you are busy! I have Fiesta by Water's Edge in my stash too. I want you to know that you are enabling-because I had to have Sneak Zucchini nite too after I saw it on your blog!