Tuesday, July 18, 2006
What A Girl Wants
Here's my progress on In Every Nest. It's not very much, but I'm excited about this project right now. At the moment, I'm a little burnt out on overdyed threads. I want to do something with plain DMC.
I also got my paid project in the mail yesterday. I could cry. Everything is wrong. I ripped out what cross stitching had been done. I'm pretty sure the branches weren't meant to be pink. I couldn't just take out the pink either. The back was too messy. I spent two hours ripping it out. It's on aida (ewww!). It was covered in cat hair, and I think she was a smoker, because the fabric was supposed to be white, but it was alot closer to ivory or cream. The words were supposed to be backstitched in one strand of brown; she used two strands of green. I think the color was a choice, but they are so thick you can't really read it. It's a kit, so she sent me all the threads, all balled up together. So I'm using y own. I could've cried when I got it. I'm feeling better about it today. After I ripped it out yesterday, I couldn't stand to work on it then. So I finished the thread I had started on In Every Nest. With shipping and supplies, though, it's going to be a $40 to $50 project. The final price will depend on my frustration with it.
Since I have these two projects that I don't really want to work on, I've decided to go back to a rotation. I will work on my paid project for two hours every morning. The first of the month, I will do that month's part of Persian Iris Garden, or as far as I can go. Alternatively, I will work on it as soon as I get the threads I don't have. The rest will be a days of the week thing. Sundays will be Trick-Or-Treat, Mondays I'll work on Garfield: Bonzai!, Tuesdays are Avatar, Wednesdays will be Toys And Games Stocking, Thursdays are Dragons By The Fire Stocking, Fridays I'll work on In Every Nest, and Saturdays will be Snowfight: Blue. Hopefully that'll work for awhile.
Today I've got to do laundry, and go for a walk, in addition to working on the paid project and Avatar. Yay, laundry.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:15 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: