Wednesday, July 19, 2006
My First Day Of Rotating
I actually spent two and a half hours on my paid project yesterday. At least half an hour of that was spent looking for the threads I needed. I got one section finished except the backstitch. I plan to leave that until the end. It seems to be going pretty quickly. I hope so. I'm going to have to wash it before I send it back. It's absolutely filthy. I'm babysitting my niece and nephew today, and I'll take it with me. So I will probably get more than two hours done on it. No complaints though; the more I get done today, the sooner I get it out of my house. Which means I get paid sooner, and I can put it toward my Halloween Fairy or my framing. They changed their mind about hanging my Liberty Fence. I think I brought in too many things to hang at once. It's just another reason for me to put off In Every Nest.
I also put in four lengths of thread in on Avatar! They were all very short lengths, but it's still pretty good since I haven't worked on it since January. It doesn't seem as intimidating as it did then. I felt like I was never going to finish it. It will be done this year, if I have to stay awake all through December! I didn't bother with a picture, since you won't really be able to see any difference from the last picture. It's just some half stitches filled in. I'll post a picture of it when I finish the clouds! Today, I'm working on Tobi's Toys And Games Stocking. It's on 25 ct. Lugana, which is nice and big and esy to see.
I think this rotation is only going to last as long as I have the paid project. To be honest, I think I'm using it as an excuse to be able to set a time limit on how long I work on the paid piece.
I've decided to start using names instead of initials when I complain/vent/brag about my family. It will make it a little less confusing. Plus, if I'm doing stockings, you'll see their names anyway!
Our neighbors spent the other night hauling the fallen tree out to the side of the road. They tied the three sections, one at a time, to a car, and pulled them out of the fenced-in yard to the side of the road, where they cut them up with a chainsaw. It was a very good idea to do it that way. Much less work than cutting it up, then taking all the smaller piece out. When I went outside at eight at night, and saw all these people working, it seemed weird, but then I realized; that was the only time it was cool enough to do it. The good news is there is no real damage to the fence.
I went for a walk last night. I didn't leave until 7:30, and it was STILL disgustingly hot. I hate it here in the summer. I always spent the summers at my dad's, where it was a little cooler. I don't remember it being so hot there that I didn't want to go outside and play. Then I spent the winters here, where you don't really need a winter coat and they shut down the schools if there's a chance of snow, because no one knows what to do!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 5:56 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: