Wednesday, July 26, 2006
I Went Shopping
Darin likes my Q-Sanp. I may mold him into a stitcher one day.
Blogger's finally letting me put up my picture of Dragons By The Fire. I've been working on all my paid projects, but nothing else. If I have spare time, I've been spending it on Winter 9 Patch. I love the simple mindlessness of it. I'll put up pictures next time. I'm too lazy to do it right now.
After Michael's last DMC sale, there were fourty colors or so I didn't have. Wouldn't you know, The Lord's Prayer calls for one of those colors. For a grand total of TWELVE stitches. So I went to Michaels, and tried to finish my collection. They were out of two colors, one didn't make it onto my list, and one I picked up and it was the wrong one. I needed 150, a burgandy. It was the last one I picked up, and when I got home, I had picked up 815 instead. The only one I didn't double check to make sure I got the right number. I may exchange it, or just keep it (I use it alot), and go try again. So I have 451 colors. I have a shade of varegated thread I swiped from my mom's that has been discontinued.
While I was at Michaels, I saw they have new Dolly Mama kits out. I already needed Domestically Challenged! and Who Are These Kids?, but now I want Sick Days and Burn The Candle, too. I like Better Late..., too, but I'm afraid of what my kids will think when they're older and they see it. They were both, let's say suprises, and eventually they'll learn to subtract and they'll figure that out. I don't want them to think I didn't want them. I just didn't plan them. It turned out that they were the best thing that's ever happened in my life. They gave me a purpose, and they are my life. I love my boys. Especially at times like this, when they're both asleep and quiet.
I also like Ready. I remember that feeling all too well. One morning when I was pregnant with Darin, I said to Jymi, "I'm sick of being pregnant!" His reply was, "I'm sick of you being pregnant, too." That evening, just after dinner, I had Darin! I thought about doing it for the nursery my mom works at, but since she works in the NICU and most of those babies weren't "ready", it seems in bad taste. It seemed so weird when I had Tobi. He was nine pounds nine ounces, which is big even for a two week late baby, but all I had really seen when I was little were the tiny four and five pound babies in the NICU when I went to work with my mom. He's always been a big boy. I was an underweight teeneager when I got pregnant, so they didn't give me a weight limit. It's hard to believe now that I was ever underweight.
I need more money to buy all the things I want to stitch!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:51 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: