Friday, May 25, 2007
Further Proof Of My Insanity
Jymi's gone for real now. He got to come home and spend Wednesday night with us. We took him to Columbia yesterday. He had to be there at six in the morning, which means we had to get up at 3:30. We got the boys dressed before they went to bed, so all we had to do was put their shoes on. That way they got to sleep a little later (until four). We dropped him off at the armory, and the boys and I had breakfast at Waffle House while they packed the buses. we went back to the armory, and had some time with Jymi. All his friends were amazed by how much Tobi looks like him. Jymi's parents got there about eight. They had to be in formation at 8:40, so about ten minutes before that, Jymi started his goodbyes. He hugged Tobi, and Darin hugged me, and it turned into a group hug. Then he hugged his parents and his sister. I got my own hug after that. Suffice it to say it was a good thing I brought two packets of tissues. Then there was a ceremony, and they got on the buses. Jymi texted me so I'd know where he was on which bus, so we could wave goodbye. That was when Tobi (and all the other kids there, too, it seemed) started crying because he missed his daddy. I picked him up and hugged him (which I can't do often, he's fifty pounds), and told him I missed Daddy, too.
I keep going through it in my head again and again, and it always makes me cry. It's the last time I'm gonna see him for at least two months, though, and I don't want to forget a second of it. He called me last night to let me know he was there. He talked to the boys a little, too. Tobi has changed his mind. Daddy is no longer fighting robots, but skeletons instead. Darin is the ultimate mama's boy, and hasn't really noticed yet that Daddy's gone. When it's been a week, and he still hasn't seen Daddy at all, he'll be upset. I could sure use any spare hugs.
I started Invariance. At this point it doesn't look much different from Merlin And Arthur. I'm really enjoying it, but I haven't been able to work on it more than an hour and a half each day. My eyes have been sore. Plus I've been a little depressed, and that has lessened my urge to stitch.
I've considered trying a new rotation, but I don't know if I'll stick to it or not. I was going to start it the first of June, but now I'm thinking to hell with it. I'll work on what I want, when I want. It's what I end up doing anyway. When I'm sick of Invariance, I'll move on.
I mailed my Dragon Dreams exchange, but I forgot to take a picture of it finished. I had to mail it to England, and it cost twenty bucks! Yikes! I haven't gotten mine yet.
I also have two SBQs to answer. How do you choose a project for an exchange? Do you pick solely on what you know of the taste of the recipient or are there other reasons you pick the piece you do? I usually try to pick something I already have all the materials for. That probably gonna sound cheap, but it's more that I want to get started right away. I've only ever done two exchanges, though.
If you could only stitch one more piece what would it be and why? That's a hard one. At the moment, I'd say Impossible Love. I think it's gorgeous, and I've always loved it. Plus it would take a long time to do, and I could extend my stitching pleasure! Of course, it'll be something different next week.

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 10:46 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 7:33 PM, Blogger Holley

Here's an extra hug or two:

Hug


Hug


Hug

 

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Julie

I'm sending you a great big {{{hug}}} because you really do need it. Can't imagine how you're feeling right now but keep busy (stupid thing to say when you've got two little ones!!) and the time will fly by. Loads of love from Jules. xx

 

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Sharon

Hi Faye, I hope things go well for you and the boys. I am thinking of you guys. Your stitchng is lovely as always, stay positive and stay busy-that will help. {{{Hugs}}}

Sharon.