Friday, May 18, 2007
It's Done
It's been a full and wonderful week. I had a nice birthday, and an even nicer day after my birthday. "The boys" (read as Jymi) got me a beautiful Chinese doll, which I will share a picture of when I'm not so lethargic. My sister also got me a necklace of a heart with a key cut out of it that says, "He who holds the key can unlock my heart," and a necklace with the key for Jymi. I never thought he'd go for it, but he's worn it since that night.
His coworkers all put in money to buy him a laptop, so he can get email while he's gone. He works with some very nice people.
We shopped, packed, and had pictures made. Jymi had some old friends come over for awhile. My mom watched the boys one night for us to go see a movie. We saw Spiderman 3, and we both agreed not to take Tobi to see it in theaters. Not because it was scary, but because most of the time he was Peter Parker, and if he's not in the Spiderman suit, Tobi's not going to pay attention.
All in all, it was a very nice week, until last night. Knowing that was going to be my last good night kiss for awhile was hard. Today he went down to the armory, and I had to go down later, for my ID card. He was able to sit and wait with me for most of the three hours, which was nice. I was very happy to not have to talk to the "Army Wives." Women who were horrified at the suggestion of getting a job, and did nothing but complain about how long they had to wait. They were in a hurry to wait for their husbands to be let so they could go to dinner. After watching them, Jymi no longer minds that I don't want to go to the support meetings. I will get to see him at least one more time, right before he gets on the bus to leave. He may get to come home one night this week, but that's a big maybe. He may also get a couple days off when they're done training, before they actually go overseas. Then we'll go down to see him there.
I've done good today. My eyes are so dry after crying so much last night, I don't know if I could cry today. I'm trying to keep myself distracted, but I'm afraid to go to bed. That was the worst when he was in boot camp; laying in the bed by myself. I have to know that I will fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, or I know I will lay there and cry. At the end of Jymi's training, I was going to bed at three and getting up a six, almost every night. It's all good though. It's more time for stitching.
The boys are taking it well, but I don't think they understand. This morning Tobi asked where Daddy was, and I told him he'd gone to be a soldier. Tobi's now absolutely sure that Daddy's fighting evil alien robots, and nothing will convince him otherwise. Darin hasn't say anything about it, but he's only been gone a day.
Stitchy news now. I've finished two models, to be released in June, I think. With my birthday money, I bought Invariance, Tending The Dragon Sleep, Desire, and Cathedral. I've gridded the first page of Invariance and will start it Tuesday. SALs until then. I'm hoping to actually work on The Castle for the first time in awhile. It will depend on how depressed I am tomorrow, though. Have a nice weekend!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:40 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hugs Faye.

I've been thinking about you all week. I hope you get to see Jymi soon.

 

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Karoline

{{{{Faye}}}}

 

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for your support through my cancer scare.

 

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Juls

Thinking of you lots!!! ((((((((HUGS))))))