Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Merry Christmas!
I've been working on Christmas stockings. Here's Jymi's after the SAL. I don't think I'm going to SAL anymore. It takes me at least three days to really get into a project, so I never get much done on SAL days, and it screws with my mojo for whatever else I was working on. I'm now doing a screaming rotation, I guess.
I also worked on Tobi's stocking. It's my closest to being finished, but I can't stand to work on it too often. I'm using the book, where all the charts in the series were reprinted. There are so many mistakes in the chart, it's incredibly irritating to try to work on. I managed to get a section done, though. After a week or so on Invariance, I'll want to go back to it. A week on 28 ct. over one, and over two on 25 ct. is a nice break. If I'm not done by August, I'll work on it exclusively until it'd finished. I will have it done by this Christmas. Until now, he's always used mine, but now he can spell his name, and he knows it's not "Faye."
Here's this week's SBQ. How many needles do you use during a project? Have you ever loaded up a needle for every color? Do you use a new needle for every project or recycle your favorite needle? I start off with one needle. If it breaks, tarnishes, or gets lost, I get out a new one. When I finish a project, I keep using that same needle. I have needle loaded, on my first figure on my nativity scene, way back when. To me, it was a major pain. I had given up on that idea before the figure was finished.
The school called me to let me know the zoning had changed and to tell me where the boys would go to school now. I didn't know where it was, so I looked it up on the district's website. The zoning is insane. If you go to the next intersection either way on our street, the other kids will go to the same school the boys were supposed to. It's just our fifty foot section of street. There are two schools within a ten minute walk, and seven more within a fifteen minute drive. The boys' new school is all the way on the other side of town, twenty to thirty minutes away, depending on traffic, since I'll now have to get on the interstate to take them. They will go to the closest middle school, but by that time, the zoning will have changed again, and hopefully, we'll have moved anyway.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:24 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: