Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Framing Pics!
Sorry it took so long, but here are my framing pics. First up is Irish Coffee, by RK Portfolio. It's done on 28 ct. Crystal Highland Cashel linen from Picture This Plus. I stitched it for Jymi, and hung it in the kitchen.
Next up is A Wee Bit Irish by Hob Nobb Doodles For Leftovers. I did it on the same fabric as Irish Coffee, so they would go together. So I used the same frame and also hung it in the kitchen, across from it's partner.
I also hung this one in the kitchen. It's In Every Nest by Raise The Roof. It's stitched on 28 ct. Spring Jazlyn, again from Picture This Plus. I changed the soft pastel Six Strand Sweets called for with bright obnoxious Weeks Dye Works. It was a little difficult to pick a frame for this one, since nothing "normal" worked with it. I like the way it came out, but I think I may be the only one. Jymi will probably pitch a fit when he comes home.
This is one Jymi's grandma did for him when he was little. She never did anything with it, but gave it to me last spring. So I got it framed and hung it in the boys room. I'm thinking of taking it with us when we go for Christmas to show her. It meant alot to me that she gave it to me instead of one of her daughters. I guess it makes more sense to give it Jymi's kids since it was a little young for Jymi now. She does consider me another grandchild, too.
Here is my Dragon Soul print, that Jymi bought me. I think it came out beautifully! Darin likes it, too.
I also had another one framed, Happy Hoppers by Lizzie Kate. When I went to pick it up though, it had a big gaudy gold frame. I know some people think gold frames look good on everything, but I usually hate them. In case you haven't noticed, I prefer black or silver frames. It looked horrible. So I picked the frame it was supposed to get again, and sent it back. They called me today to tell me it's ready. It's going to be a present for my niece.
Tobi's birthday was in the last week of November. He came home from school that day, very upset. He told me I'd forgotten to bring his class cupcakes. He hadn't told me he wanted me to though. So the next week, I brought cupcakes. The store was nice enough to make it into Spiderman crawling up a wall. I felt kinda bad, loading a bunch of kindergartners up on sugar and leaving. I learned though that recess is right after snack time, just so the kids can run off the extra energy. Darin got to go outside and play with the other kids, too. He thought that was the coolest thing.
I have started and finished a model. No pictures yet, though. I'm going to get back to Tobi's stocking now. I will finish it eventually. Pictures of progress on that will be coming soon!

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 4:36 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sharon

They all look fabulous Faye! I love the dragon soul print-it's beaautiful! How is Jymi doing? I hope that your holidays will be merry and bright! Tell Toby Happy belated Birthday!

 

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

Wow that print is gorgeous! Can I have it? ;-)