Thursday, July 27, 2006
Just Some Quick Stuff
Here's the pictures of my paid projects. The first one is the keychain. I hope to finish it tomorrow. There's not much left to do. I just have to stitch the tops of the trees, and the border. Of course, as soon as I finish it, I've got an excuse to go to the shop! Maybe some of my silks will be in.
I'm just over one third done on the pillow. I didn't do much on it yesterday. I will try to do more tonight, but I may go on a frenzy trying to finish the keychain. I will finish at least one entire block tonight.
I am actually surpised how quick my monster project came along. I'm almost done with it. I've got to put the leaves on this branch (today, tomorrow, and possibly Saturday, too), and then I've just got one small branch (Sunday, maybe Monday), and the three bees (Monday). Then I start the backstitching, which should only take a couple days, and I can get rid of it! Talk about a happy dance!
Now for this week's SBQ. Many of us have a few pairs of embroidery scissors and some even have a "collection". How many pairs of scissors do you have? Feel free to share a photo of your favorite pair or pairs with us!
This picture shows my "collection". Impressive, huh? Maybe it's from being broke all the time, but I can't spend ten to forty dollars on a pair of scissors when there's nothing wrong with the ones I have. I got my blue ones (2) when I first started at the shop, because I didn't have any. I had some small scissors I had used until Jymi killed them using them to put a toy together for Darin's birthday. I had been using nail clippers until then, which work pretty good in a pinch. The first thing I did after buying my blue ones was stitch something with alot of Kreinik braids, which quickly dulled the blades. The blue started to come off the handle, too, and there's hardly any there anymore. So they are now my metallics on scissors. My rainbow stork (1) is my main pair. I bought these because they were so pretty, and my others didn't work well on cotton floss anymore (but still terrifc on metallics, go figure). These are my best friend. Tinkerbell likes to know them off my table/cart/leg. Then there's my rainbow fish (3). It's the same idea of my rainbow stork, just as a fish instead. When we went on the cross stitch criuse, they gave them to us as part of the class. The fish went with the sea theme. That's the only reason I have them. I only use them when my stork has been temporarily misplaced/stolen by small children and big cats.
Wow, this was supposed to be short! Just some other news. Our outside cat had kittens. We don't know where they are. She will not come inside, so that was not an option. We know they are somewhere in the neighbor's yard, probably under their bushes. Jymi is going to quit smoking when he runs out of cigarettes (he's got one more pack). That goodness! Darin has discovered how the Viewmaster works, and is now always bumping into things because he won't put it down. Like he needs more bruises. I am dreading taking him to the doctor next month. I'm sick. It's just a cold. How in the world do you get a cold when it's a hundred freaking degrees outside. It's mainly just a runny nose, but it's so irritating! Well, that's all, folks!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:08 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 4:40 PM, Blogger Holley

Well you have more real scissors than I do. I received a pair on a cross stitch shopping tour last year. I love them, but I'd rather buy more patterns and fibers than scissors.