Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Almost There
I've got two and one third blocks left to do on Winter 9 Patch. I will take it to the shop Friday, if I have to stay up all night Thursday. I have to go in Friday, because I have to get in my order for the Charlotte show. I want two of Dragon Dreams' new releases, Lost Dragon Sampler and Illustrative Blackwork Fantasy. These were both class pieces and they are finally going to be released. I also have to have the new free chart, Evening Dragon. Plus I have to order some more silks for Persian Iris Garden. They'll get an order in Thursday, so it will take forever to get them in. That's the way my luck works.
The very good news is that I have finished all the cross stitch on The Lord's Prayer. The backstitch will take at least a couple days, but maybe I can get it in the mail this weekend. I don't think it will be that bad. I'm going to sit down and make sure I get at least an hour in on the pillow, and then spend the rest of my time trying to finish up this. My blog looks kind of weird to me at the moment. These projects don't look like me. I primarily stick to fantasy and Halloween designs. Oh, well. These will buy me Halloween and fantasy stash.
I did talk to Jymi about everything that was bothering me. He apologized, and made a wonderful effort to show me he meant it. He offered to cook dinner if I'd wash all the dishes (we put that off for tomorrow, which is now today). He did help with the cooking, since it was getting late, and I wanted to shower before dinner. He is trying cut down, and doing a pretty good job. Where he was smoking a pack in two days, it is now taking him four!
My dad is coming down tomorrow to look at the car. He's also bringing my sister's kids their school supplies he bought them, and Darin's birthday present. He called Sunday to tell me my aunt Molly died. That was hard to take. She's not really a close relative (she's my grandfather's half brother's wife), but she was always a very sweet person. No matter what horrible thing I'd done, Aunt Molly never judged me or made me feel bad. She had heart disease and diabetes, and she had survived breast cancer. She was very sick, and had been for awhile. Every spring she made chocolates (which were the best I've ever tasted!) and sold them at local shops. She usually kept a hundred to cover the expenses (which it didn't) and gave the rest to breast cancer research. She was a wonderful, kind, sweet person, who made everyone she knew feel loved. Jymi only met her once, right after we had Tobi, even he remembers how loud they were (his family's very quiet and polite, mine's not) and how as soon as we got there Aunt Molly started cooking! I'll miss her.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 7:46 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: