Saturday, August 05, 2006
As Far As I Can Go
Most of my threads finally came in! I went to the shop yesterday to take in the pillow and order the silks for part four, the Halloween Fairy, and the stuff from the Charlotte show. I asked if I had anything, and I had everything except the Glorianas. So yesterday I stitched as much as I could on Persian Iris Garden. I didn't get very far, as you can see, but I was excited about finally starting! The picture is dark blue, but the fabric is black. I got twenty dollars for the pillow, and they applied my credit towards the threads. It was actually a couple dollars over, but they just put me in the hole, and will take it out of my next model. They should have something new for me after the show. Since I worked on my garden yesterday between errands, I didn't get to In Every Nest, but I probably will next week.
I did work on Jymi's stocking after dinner Thursday. It's not much, but it's alot more than I had been doing. This one messes with my percentage calculations. I usually multiply height by width, and whenever I stitch an entire square, I add it to my total. This has so many empty squares because of the shape, that way of doing it says I'm a quarter of the way through it.
Dinner was nice Thursday. We went out to celebrate Darin's, Jymi's grandmother's, and her sister-in-law's birthdays. After dinner, they brought three small cakes, so there was enough for everyone. There were fifteen of us. They sang, too, but before they even started, Darin was trying to blow out his candle. I had to hold his head back, because he was getting so close trying, that he almost burned the tip of his nose. He was great, though.
That's everything, I think. I'm starting Snowfight: Blue today. I've got the first disk of season one of Footballer's Wives (because I need another prime time soap opera to get sucked into), plus a new Eddie Izzard special and an old one recorded. So I've got lots to watch today while I stitch. The great thing about tv on dvd is no commercials to fast forward though. Time for lunch, and then stitching. Have a nice weekend!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 10:05 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 10:46 PM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

Excellent start on both projects. I found the stocking stitches up pretty quickly once you put the time into it!!!