Wednesday, August 02, 2006
A Not Mine Happy Dance
Six and a half hours of stitching time later, I have finished The Lord's Prayer! I stayed up until one this morning working on the backstitch. I got all of it done except the brown around the branches, which I finished up this morning! I'm going to take it with me to the shop and see what they think I should charge for it. It took me just over twenty-six hours, there were lots of quarter stitches on aida, and a lots of confetti stitching, all of which add up to make the price higher.
I finished the snowflake block yesterday, before I started the backstitch. I worked on the green one this afternoon. When I get done writing this, I'm going to start the last block. I'll probably finish it tomorrow, then I'll take it back Friday.
Jymi and I talked about money yesterday. He said he wanted ten dollars a week to put toward his game, plus the monthly fee. I said that was fine, as long I also got ten dollars a week towards my stash, plus my fabric of the month. So I'm thinking with my credit and my ten from this week and the ten from next week, I can go ahead and order my Halloween Fairy this week. It'll come in next Thursday, so that would actually work out perfect. I tried to explain my urget need for the fairy kits to Jymi. That was, let's say interesting. I told him that they were limited editions, and I wanted to get the oldest one first. I also explained how I had been resisting, but the new Halloween one was just too cute, and I loved it so much, and now I had to have them all. His reply? Are you ready? He said, "Why don't you go ahead and get the Halloween one? That way, it'll be Halloween when you finish it." I couldn't believe my ears! He was giving me permission. So I'll order it this week, and pick it up next week. I think then, I'll just ask my mom to actually pay me instead of taking it off the rent when I clean. So now I'm all excited! I get new stuff, and I don't have to hide it from Jymi!
My dad came to visit today. He went to see my sister and her kids, then they all came over here, with pizza. He bought Tobi's "Wolfie" (his new favorite toy). It's a stuffed wolf, that has very quickly become a security item for Tobi. Tobi wanted to show Grandpa, but he wouldn't let him touch it. Only Alex, my niece, was allowed to hold her. I know Wolfie's a girl because some of Tobi's and Darin's other smaller stuffed dogs are her babies, and Tobi refers to her as the mommy.
My dad's not sure he's going to be able to fix our car. He's gone back to Virginia, and he's going to confer with some other mechanics. I'm not that worried about it. At this point, I've very serene about. If we can fix it, great. If not, we'll sell it to a junkyard or something. No big deal. Que sera, sera.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 2:29 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 11:37 AM, Blogger Sharon

congrats on the not mine HD-it's very pretty! I can't wait to see you start halloween fairy-are you going to change your fabric?