Thursday, August 03, 2006
Lost And Found
I finished Winter 9 Patch this morning. It would've been finished last night, but I couldn't find the charms. They sat on the edge of my table forever, and I was finally ready for them, and I couldn't find them! I tore through my cart, thinking it might have been knocked into a drawer by a big, fat cat who likes to sleep on top of it. They weren't there, and they weren't under the chair. I could not find them anywhere! I gave up, planning to look again in the morning. I went to turn the boy's TV off, and as I did, I saw the baggy they were in under Darin's bed. So this morning, the three of us picked up their room, and I did find the charms. I also found the floor! That was kind of cool, too.
Today is supposed to be Dragons By The Fire, since I don't have anymore paid pieces. It is also Jymi's grandmother's birthday, so we're all going out to dinner tonight. Jymi's going to have to jump in the shower as soon as he gets home in order to buy her a card and get to the restaurant on time. Which means, the boys and I have to be ready by five, so I have to be in the shower by four, so I have to get the boys in the tub by 2:30, at the latest. I'm afreaid if I pick up my stitching, it will all get put off, and I'll end up rushing around at the last minute. I'll stitch on it this evening, after we get back.
So I've spent the morning, after attaching the charms, straightening up my stash. I've put up all the threads I pulled for The Lord's Prayer, and my new ones. I've still got a few skeins that need to be put away , but I ran out of baggies. I also pulled some colors for my Hob Nobb Doodles. It's all nice and neat now. It'll last a whole week this time!
Sharon asked if I was going to change the fabric for my Halloween Fairy. I've considered it, but right now, it's just not in my budget, and I want to start as soon as possible. I also told Jymi how it was so expensive because it comes with everything, and I wouldn't have to buy anything else for it. I like the idea of them all being on the same color fabric, too. I'm thinking that way I can just get different mats for them, and one frame, and switch them out for the different holidays.
Here's this week's SBQ: do you have a favorite needlework tool that you like to work with? What is it and why do you like using it? I don't really have anything special. I use Q-Snaps, and I have scissors and needles. I use a needle threader with metallic threads, and if I'm stitching very long lines (like the border on Dragonwings), I use some pins to mark every twenty stitches. I use a corder to make the cording for Christmas ornaments. Nothing special.
Aurora gave us a scare last night. I went outside in the evening to feed and water them, and Aurora was laying on the ground, not moving. Jymi came out to help me. All the vets were closed, so there wasn't anything we could really do. She couldn't seem to get up. We couldn't get her to eat or drink anything. We poured some water on her to cool he off, ad Jymi poured some in her mouth. We just knew she wouldn't make it throught the night. We put her in the dog house, on all the comfy blankets, so she would be a comfortable as possible. I checked on her before I went to bed around one, and she would at least pick up her head when I talked to her. Jymi woke me this morning before he left for work (at five) to tell me she was walking around in the yard. When I got up at nine, I fed and watered them again (Lula seems to be healthier than ever). At first I worried, because I didn't see Aurora, and I was worried she had gotten out. When I poured the food in the bowl, though, she came from around the other side of the house. She didn't eat her food, but was interested in Lula's. Lula growled though. She knows she's the alpha dog, which is kind of weird to see. Our little five pound, six inch Jack Russell terrier is the boss of our twenty pound, two foot German shepard-husky mix. I went out with more water at noon, and Aurora seems to have eaten a little. I topped off their water bowls, an poured the rest on them to help keep them cool. Aurora's fine now. I guess she just got too hot yesterday, but I spent the night crying, all upset. Jymi, who is usually too busy at work to call me, has made time to call twice to make sure Aurora was okay. As crazy as the animals drive us, we really have have six kids. Everytime we get a new pet, Jymi jokes it's out daughter. I guess it's true.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 12:17 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 4:14 AM, Blogger Sharon

Nine patch looks lovely-you were lucky to find the charms. If that had been me-I would have had to order new charms-LOL

I'm glad Aurora is okay-I wonder what was wrong. Maybe she just had a 24 hr thing like we do.

 

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

Lovely little piece.