Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Three Years Ago Today...
Jymi nearly had a panic attack while driving me to the hospital, screaming. We got there at 9:17, an "Baby Darin" was born at 9:24. I didn't get drugs. I didn't get an IV. I didn't get hooked up to a monitor. I didn't even get a hospital gown! I couldn't believe how beautiful he was. He looked so much like Tobi did, when he was born. He was bald too, and had the same dark, dark blue eyes. Now Darin's have turned brown. They told me when babies are born with such dark blue eyes they usually go brown, but Tobi's didn't.
Jymi had never seen a birth before. My mom said she'd never heard him talk so much. He spent the night in the hospital with me, but neither of us could sleep. We just looked at each other and giggled.
Now my baby is three! I can't believe it. I could swear I just had him. We learned when I went into labor that Darin was impatient and persistent. It's nice to know some things never change. Happy birthday, Darin!
Oh well. On to stitching stuff. I'll have plenty more to babble about Darin's birthday after his party, Friday. I started Frankie Stein Sunday, and made alot of progress. I think I spent about five hours stitching. The fabric is much brighter in real life. It's Midas Jazlyn from Picture This Plus. All the pictures on their website have it as a yellow, or a gold. My piece is a light, bright orange. I'll try to get a better picture next time. I love the colors. I wasn't sure they'd be okay together, and I was afraid they might be too bright. I think they look good. I'm actually love the green, and that was the one I was most unsure about. I'll finish up Frankie, and start Greta next time.
I also started Tobi's Garfield yesterday. Blogger won't let me post a picture. I got about five hours in on him, too. I'm liking it alot more than I thought I would. I generally don't like stitching cartoon characters, but Garfield's a pretty easy stitch. Tobi keeps asking if I'm done yet. Hopefully it won't take me too long. I want to have it for his birthday present. So that gives me tweleve more days to work on it before I need to take it in for framing, assuming my rotation lasts that long. I want to add Halloween Fairy and the Stitch Every Holiday series soon. I'm still waiting for the new one to come out. Shakespeare's Peddler is moving, so I probably won't get my stuff for another week or two. I also want to do Stitching The Standard (thanks to Gill, at least its a freebie) and I want to start Merlin And Aurthur soon. I guess I'm eager to go blind, with all that over one stitching. They'll both be on 28 ct, though, so hopefully it won't be as bad as Dragonwings.
No new projects until I finish something! Anything! Must resist startitis!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 7:49 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 8:59 AM, Blogger Erin

Awww, look at that little cutie! I'd better watch it, or I'll end up with baby fever... hehehe

I did the "Stitching the Standard" freebie, too! Here it is, in my Cyberstitchers gallery -
Stitching the Standard

 

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Holley

Happy Birthday!

Very cute boy. It's funny how they show their personalities so early isn't it?

 

At 4:19 AM, Blogger cathymk

Happy Birthday Darin!

Love Frankie!! Sooo cute.

 

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Sharon

Happy Birthday Darin!

Faye, you are one busy stitcher-I love Frankie Stein-too cute!