Monday, August 14, 2006
A Roller Coaster Weekend
I didn't get much stitching done this weekend. I hit the ground running when I woke up Friday. I went to the post office, the bank, and then to Target to get Darin's presents. In the check out line, I ran into my sister, and we decided to go get lunch. It was just Wendy's, but it was the first time I'd had lunch with a girlfriend without kids since high school! It was so quiet and peaceful! Then I had to get going again. I went to the shop and got my Glorianas, my Halloween Fairy, and also the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue Anniversary book I'd ordered had coem in. Then I had to pick up the cake, clean, and get everything ready for the party. Despite the constant rush I was in all day, I was enjoying the day. The all of Jymi's family called to tell us none of them were coming to his party. I was so upset! His aunt was sick, and his grandmother has problems with her back and legs, and had been having a bad week. There was no reason, though, his parents couldn't have come. Darin had a great time though, and that's what's important. I've got some cute pictures, but Blogger won't let me put them up.
Saturday, Jymi's grandparents invited us over for lunch, and Jymi's parents came too. They gave Darin presents then. At least this year they remembered him. Last year they didn't even call us between the end of June and the middle of September. They only called them because they knew Jymi should be coming home soon. Jymi was at boot camp, and called me every Sunday, and wrote me at least twice a week. They got one phone call and three letters the entire five months he was gone. I try hard and bite my tounge alot so that Jymi never feels like he has to choose between me and his family, particularly his mom. It's unfair to ask Jymi choose. I'm not worried too much about it though, because she has put him in that position before, and he chose me. We've been together six years; you'd think they'd realize I'm not going anywhere.
I slept all day Sunday. I started stitching at seven at night, while Jymi and I watched V For Vendetta (I loved it, Jymi hated it; it was about an idea, and there wasn't much violence). I stitched for two hours on Persian Iris Garden, but got very little done. I kept miscounting and having to frog it all out. After we turned off the movie, I finished all the cross stitching in part one. I'm going to try to finish part one today. I also made some nice progress on Dragons By The Fire, but again, no pictures today.
Here's last week's SBQ: for those of you who use hand or over-dyed floss, how do you store it? I store it the same as the rest of my thread. I put the in snack bags, and write the manufacturer name and color name and/or number. In the case of all my Dinky Dyes, I also wirte whether they are silks or cottons. All those little bags are put in alphabetical or numerical order, and put into a gallon size freezer bag by brand.
So that's all my babbling. Hopefully, I will be able to put up pictures tomorrow.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:24 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 12:56 AM, Blogger Sharon

Faye, I tell you when I read your blog I get tired for you-and I thought I was busy! Have you seen the new Raise the Roof pattern? I could not resist!
I am impressed how you keep your threads. I am so bad I just throw them into floss away bags-no rhyme or reason-LOL