Thursday, August 17, 2006
God Has Sent My Husband As A Test, And I Think I'm Going To Fail!
Jymi has been driving me crazy!!!! I love him very much. With that being said, I'm so glad to get rid of him!!! He hasn't gone to work for two days. He doesn't feel well. Yet he still feels well enough to go to Blockbuster and rent video games, hog the computer at times I'm used to having it to myself, hog the TV playing his video games so that I can't watch anything, and have me "navigate" him through his games, which means looking up a walkthrough on GameFAQs, so that when I do get to use the computer, it's for him. I told him if he didn't go to work today, he would be going to the hospital; either he would have to be that sick, or I would have to kill him.
He also told me last night he wants to join the army active duty. I'm dealing with it as best I can. I posted most of my concerns on The Wagon. Other than leaving my family, and possibly moving somewhere where I don't know anyone, I'm a little excited. Unloading it all on the Wagon helped alot. We aren't telling our families until anything is certain. I am excited that we may try to have another baby. I always get baby fever around the boys' birthdays, but lately I've found myself thinking about it more and more. Discussing all this last night was the first time Jymi and I really considered it. This is the only way we will ever be able to afford it.
On to stitching stuff! Here's my progress on Dragons By The Fire from last week. I did find Darin's and my stockings. My mom stitched mine the year I was born, on aida. I did Darin's on Lugana. I started it as Tobi's, but when I looked at the two charts, I realized I had their personalities mixed up.
Here's my progress on Persian Iris Garden. It's coming along beautifully, but I'm sick of eyelets. I'm going to finish part one, and then move on to Frankie Stein and the rest of my Hob Nobbs. I'm trashing the rotation, and I'm going to work on the one I want done soonest. I haven't decided if I'm going to start Halloween Fairy by this Halloween, because I've got so many I want to get done by Christmas. I'm not going to have any of the same wips this New Year's as I did last year! So I've got to finish my stockings (hopefully by the first of December so I have enough time to finish finishing them), and Avatar.
Just in case I don't have enough stash, I'm considering adding the fabric and button packs for the Stitch Every Holiday series to my automatics from Shakespeare's Peddler. The only problem would be catching up. Maybe when money's better, I'll start. I could just start now and be a few months behind. I'll worry about that another day.
I just have to remember that everything works out for the best in the end.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 7:19 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 1:42 PM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

Your stocking is coming along nicely. The other two are just lovely!

I'm glad you're feeling better about your hubby's decision.

I think he sounds a lot like my other half, when he's home he just drives me nuts. No... I don't want to watch UFC 1 for the 5th time... I know Hoyce Gracyie wins.

Baby fever... hmmm something I don't understand, I have no desire to have children.

 

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Holley

The stitching is great! I completely understand about the eyelets. Good for you that you are doing them now. I tend to save the special stitches for the end: after all the cross stitching is done but before the beading.

I totally understand the baby fever. sigh. I got it about 10 months after Angie was born. It ebbs and flows for me. sigh.

I think I would completely lose it if Hubby mentioned the military. Of course we're in our mid-late 30's so the military probably wouldn't take him at the moment. That's okay, I'll keep him.

 

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Sharon

Faye, those of us with busbands would all fail that test-sometimes you just want to whack them!

I read your comments on the wagon-I hope things work out either way you go. I've had the baby fever-didn't plan to have another after the first two-but I had a oops who is an absolute challenge and my baby all at the same time.

Your stitching is beautiful as always-I don't know if I could ever finish a stocking-what's the stitch count on them?

 

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Stitcher S

Your stocking is looking so nice. I have done one of them, and am almost done with the second CS and CC one.

I too read your comments on the wagon. Hugs to you!