Tuesday, August 22, 2006
We Need It Now
Here's Frankie Stein. I didn't get to start Greta last night. They gave me a new model when I took Pumkin Flower in. I want to have it done by the first of October, so I've still got plenty of time.
My new model is Simple Stitches Village Of The Month October Haunted House. I started it last night, and worked a couple hours on it. It's cute, but most of the symbols are very similar, making the chart harder to read. This is the same as Pumkin Flower: "We need this back as soon as possible. Like next week." This is a bigger challenge though. I'm going to have to get a hoop for it, though. The design is too big for my six inch Q-Snap, but the fabric is too small to fit well on the eight inch. This is all I will be doing today. I think once I get this one done, they're going to give me the next month's. They want a few of them done up, but they need the first one like yesterday. So rush, rush, rush. I guess the laundry will just have to wait. Darn.
The boys were wonderful at my mom's yesterday. My uncle was visiting, and he left this morning. The first thing the boys did was run to give my grandmother a hug. My sister's kids don't do that, and it makes her feel special. Of course, Grandma Faye was the first person Darin ever smiled at. That's one of her favorite memories, and she loves to tell people. So do I, actually. My grandma doesn't feel very good most of the time, and to know that my baby made her feel so wonderful makes me very proud. Tobi gave Grandma a hug and went to my uncle and said, "Who are you?" He told him, and laughed about it. It's an improvement. It wasn't that long ago he'd point to someone and say, "What is that?" The boys were both well behaved. Darin had a blast. He found the bucket where my mom puts the money she finds in the laundry. First he had to get all that paper out (what were those green papers doing in there?), then spent the afternoon, dumping the change out, handing to different people, taking it back, and putting it back in the bucket. He was happy. He also played with Roxy, my grandma's dog. Roxy doesn't like to play with balls, but she'd go get them if Darin threw them. My grandma and I took Roxy and Darin to get the mail, but it hadn't gone yet, so Darin and Roxy ran around the front yard together until it came a few minutes later. Then Darin rode back to the house on Grandma's lap, in her motorized wheelchair, which was so cool! He giggled the whole ride, and honked the horn. I couldn't beleive how good the boys were!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:22 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 10:32 AM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

Frankie's very cute! Yes I love that model stitching rush that has to be done ... yesterday!

What a wonderful day you had with your kids and family!